I am the Senior Leader of Convergence House of Prayer in SF Bay Area, California. Loving Husband. Proud Dad. Blogger and future book writer. This is my blog.
WHAT IS THIS BLOG ALL ABOUT
I write primarily on the leadership, personal development, justice, theology and blogging. Occasionally, I do slip in a post that doesn’t quit fit into either of these topics so I fit it into the “random” category.
My goal is to create content to encourage others to live and lead their personal and professional lives out of the pursuit of the living God.
That’s about it. You can follow this blog and be part of our growing community.
YOU WILL FIND…
- Posts sharing my own experiences in my personal pursuit of God in life and ministry
- Fresh content added regularly around leadership, ministry, growth, writing etc.
- Tips on how to gain ground both personally and professionally.
- Personal testimonies and guest posts that will help equip you even further.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT GREG
FAMILY AND INTERESTS
I am the Senior Leader of Convergence House of Prayer in Fremont, California
Happily married guy with three amazing children Hannah, Jordan and Lydia and of course Andrew our new son-in-law! We are now proud grandparents of twins, Samuel and Hope! Of course, Wendi and I both think our family is amazing. They are our highest priority outside of the Lord himself.
As far as interests go, Wendi and I both love living for the Lord, being with our kids and church family, hanging out, doing ministry and fulfilling the call of God on our lives.
Personally for me, I enjoy pretty much anything Apple, Blue Bottle Coffee, Digital creativity such as WordPress Web Design, video, Photoshop etc. and a growing passion to write. I enjoy teaching, leading and being apart of changing history. I tend to lag going to conferences but enjoy them when I get there.
As for Wendi. She enjoys worship, reading, decorating, crafts, collecting ornaments etc. She will always be one of the first people in line at any conference and will sit the first two rows of any church service she finds herself attending.
Lastly, I believe every Christian should have a web presence and be blogging, microblogging, tumbling, facebooking, twittering etc. We can impact the world and influence history by sharing our lives through writing in some kind of form and expression. This is a growing conviction
QUICK SNAPSHOT OF MY PERSONAL LIFE AND MINISTRY
God called me to ministry when I was 19 and I graduated from Bethany Bible College with a Ministerial Degree. I started full time ministry in the same year and have never looked back.
- I met Wendi in 1983 at a basketball game at Bethany Bible College.
- In 1984 I took on my first assignment as Youth Pastor at First Assembly of God (now called Harbor Light) in Fremont CA., , my hometown. Loved it.
- I tied the knot with Wendi and got married in 1985.
- In February, 1990 we had our first child, Hannah Joy.
- In June, 1990 we moved up to Eugene, OR. to take on the Youth Ministry assignment at Willamette Christian Center. Eugene houses the University of Oregon.
- We had our second child, Jordan Earl, in October of 1992
- In 1995 God put it on our hearts to start a church back in Fremont CA. We stepped out in faith, not knowing where the resources would come from and moved the family from Eugene back to San Francisco Bay Area and started Harvest House Church in March of 1996
- Our third child came in November, 1999, Lydia Grace.
- Our church met in schools until the Lord blessed us with five acres of land and some buildings. In 1999 we moved to our new church home. In 2005 we sold that property and are in a transition site waiting for land to be donated to us so we can build a new facility.
- We are now Convergence House of Prayer, a growing movement of people who are passionately pursuing God and seeing signs and wonders. Our privilege is to host the Presence of the Lord 24/7 and live out a supernatural lifestyle here in the SF Bay Area.
Our Convergence House of Prayer Staff
This is my personal blog and may not officially reflect the views and/or values of Convergence House of Prayer 9 (but they are be extremely, really, really close). The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
With the exception of any “guest posts” written by others, I solely own the content on this website. It is copyrighted in my name.
Some of the links in this website are “affiliate links.” What this means is that if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will likely receive an affiliate commission. (A dollar or two, if I’m lucky.) I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” (See also 16 CFR, Part 255.)