Hi, my name is Greg Simas and I blog here at gregsimas.org. I am the Founder and Senior Leader of Convergence House of Prayer in SF Bay Area, California. Loving Husband. Proud Dad. Pastor, Leader, Coach and Writer. This is my blog.
WHAT IS THIS BLOG ALL ABOUT
My mission is to help others live and lead their personal and professional lives from the pursuit of knowing God. As a result I write on pursuing God, leadership, personal growth, church, and culture. Occasionally, I do slip in a post that doesn’t quit fit into either of these topics.
YOU WILL FIND…
- Posts sharing my own experiences living and leading from the pursuit of knowing God.
- Content around leadership, personal growth, pursuing God etc.
- Tips and resources you can download for free and purchase here.
- Personal testimonies and guest posts that will help equip you even further.
FAMILY AND INTERESTS
I am a family guy who is happily married for over 35 years with three amazing children and four grandchildren.
Hannah, Jordan and Lydia, Andrew our new son-in-law and four grandchildren Samuel, Hope, Josiah and Nehemiah! Of course, Wendi and I both think our family is amazing. They are our highest priority outside of the Lord himself.
As far as interests go, Wendi and I both love living for the Lord, being with our kids and church family, hanging out, doing ministry and fulfilling the call of God on our lives.
Personally for me, I enjoy pretty much anything Apple, premium coffee, digital creativity, sports, travel, reading and a growing in my passion to write. I enjoy teaching, leading and being part of changing history for the glory of God.
As for Wendi. She enjoys worship, reading, decorating, crafts, collecting ornaments etc. She will always be one of the first people in line at any conference and will sit the first two rows of any church service she finds herself attending.
MY LIFE AND MINISTRY
God called me to ministry when I was 19 and I graduated from Bethany Bible College with a Ministerial Degree. I started full time ministry
in the same year and have never looked back.
- I met Wendi in 1983 at a basketball game at Bethany Bible College.
- In 1984 I took on my first assignment as Youth Pastor at First Assembly of God (now called Harbor Light) in Fremont CA., , my hometown. Loved it.
- I tied the knot with Wendi and got married in 1985.
- In February, 1990 we had our first child, Hannah Joy.
- In June, 1990 we moved up to Eugene, OR. to take on the Youth Ministry assignment at Willamette Christian Center. Eugene houses the University of Oregon.
- We had our second child, Jordan Earl, in October of 1992
- In 1995 God put it on our hearts to start a church back in Fremont CA. We stepped out in faith, not knowing where the resources would come from and moved the family from Eugene back to San Francisco Bay Area and started Harvest House Church in March of 1996
- Our third child came in November, 1999, Lydia Grace.
- Our church met in schools until the Lord blessed us with five acres of land and some buildings. In 1999 we moved to our new church home. In 2005 we sold that property and are in a transition site waiting for land to be donated to us so we can build a new facility.
- In 2010 Hannah married Andrew Aguilar and are proud parents of two sets of twins, Samuel, Hope, Josiah and Nehemiah. This makes Wendi and I grandparents!
- We are now Convergence House of Prayer, a growing movement of people who exists to declare His worth, discover His heart and do His work. Our privilege is to host the Presence of the Lord 24/7 and live out a supernatural lifestyle here in the SF Bay Area.
- We recently moved into our new 33,000 square foot building in south Fremont. If you are ever in the area come by and visit. We are located at 200 Hammond Ave. Fremont Ca.
This is my personal blog and may not officially reflect the views and/or values of Convergence House of Prayer (but they are be really, really close). The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
With the exception of any “guest posts” written by others, I solely own the content on this website. It is copyrighted in my name.
If you are interested in reposting or reprinting one of my blog posts, please check out my Copyright page.
Some of the links in this website are “affiliate links.” What this means is that if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will likely receive an affiliate commission. (A dollar or two, if I’m lucky.) I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” (See also 16 CFR, Part 255.)