Lev. 26:9-13 9 “‘I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. 10 You will still be eating last year’s harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new. 11 I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. 12 I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. 13 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.
- “I will look on you with favor” – To favor is to show exceptional kindness to someone; preferential treatment. The one favored is shown kindness and treated with a generosity and goodwill far beyond what would normally be expected. From the word favor we get the word, favorite. You are His favorite so live today as one whom God highly favors.
- “I will make you fruitful” – Fruitfulness is a result of favor and it means to flourish. As favored ones God will be with you in the assigned places He has called you to.
- “I will increase your numbers” – God wants us to be fruitful and multiply. He wants to bless us with children and fill the earth with His glory. But I believe there is a further application. God blesses us with growth. Growth in our business. Growth in our influence. Growth in our anointing. God’s wants to increase you in all of these and much more.
- “I will keep my covenant with you” – I love this. No matter what, God is committed to you and your success as a Kingdom citizen and royal son/daughter!
- “I will put my dwelling place among you” – He places His presence in your midst. His light and glory are in AND around you. This is so amazing that there is not space in this post to give it any justice. Just meditate on this one.
- “I will walk among you and be your God” – The word “walk” can be better translated, “have a conversation”. He is both walking and talking with you throughout your day. Become aware of His presence. Lean into His voice. Find out what He is doing and wants to do in and through you as you go about your day and week.
- “I enabled you to walk with your heads held high” – This literally means to walk as free people and not as slaves. You are saved, redeemed and blood-bought. The power of sin is broken off you. You stand favored not condemned. If God is for you who can be against you! Be thankful and give praise. God has given you the power to live the Kingdom life victoriously! Keep your head up!!
God’s promises keep my heart in a place of faith and hope. I make a habit of saying His promises out loud. Give it a try and see how each promise, found in His Word, impacts your week.